Canada Agile Preparatory Academy is committed to protecting your privacy, and the privacy of each student, parent, client, associate, and website visitor, and providing a safe and valuable online experience.
The policy below outlines how we collect and use only relevant user information from our website and associated services to continually offer the best user experience possible. By using this website and our services, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Personal Identification Information
Verifying the identity of our students to prevent plagiarism, cheating, and other forms of abuse is important to us to ensure a fair learning environment and to uphold academic integrity. Therefore, when registering, enrolling, and ordering from our school, as appropriate, you will be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, or other details to help verify your identity.
Just as an experienced teacher would look at the verbal and non-verbal cues of a student to judge whether the she understands the material and whether she needs extra help, our learning platform analyzes the behaviour of our students via actions such as logins, clicks, and text to help our teachers and our system to better understand you and provide you with extra help.
Students and other website Users can visit our website anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site-related activities.
Non-Personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system, the internet service providers utilized, and other similar information.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is checked on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your passwords are encrypted through a strong one-way hash algorithm (bcrypt) to ensure that nobody who has access to our database can decrypt it, not even us.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user uses our learning platform to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All financial transactions are processed through a gateway provider (one of the big four banks) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
- Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
- Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. We may release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Send information and updates pertaining to your schooling and learning.
- We may also send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false, or misleading subjects or email addresses
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters
- Monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using our website and services, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our website or services. Your continued use of the website or services following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.